Peshtemal is a type of traditional Turkish towel that is made from 100% Turkish cotton. To wash a peshtemal, you can follow these steps:
- Fill a sink or a basin with lukewarm water.
- Add a small amount of gentle detergent to the water and stir to dissolve.
- Soak the peshtemal in the water for a few minutes to allow the detergent to penetrate the fibers.
- Gently agitate the peshtemal in the water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Rinse the peshtemal thoroughly with clean water to remove all traces of detergent.
- Squeeze the peshtemal gently to remove excess water, but do not wring or twist it.
- Hang the peshtemal to dry in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight.